What do I do if I get smoke damage in my home?
Tips after smoke and fire damage.
- Do not go inside the property until it is said to be safe by the fire department or professional restoration company.
- Don't touch the damaged materials. The oils and pressure from your hand will create soot stains.
- Call a professional restoration company to come out and assist the initial walkthrough.
- Call your insurance agent to report fire and cleanup plan.
- If displaced from your home have the fire chief or police call the Red Cross. They can provide additional help.
Once the Restoration experts start the cleaning process things will be less hectic and your home will be smoke free in no time.