How do I clean my carpets after they are damaged from water?
Bonnet cleaning is the best cleaning in Bloomington, MN
This large room was damaged by a water loss that left staining on the carpet. These were the steps we used to get a nice clean carpet.
- Wet down carpet with hot soapy water. The soapy water dissolves dirt and opens up the fibers.
- Bonnet cleaning. The dirt and staining transfers from the carpet to the bonnet. Must be changed when dirty.
- Hot water extraction. Hot water is jettisoned into the carpet and extracted removing soils and soap.
- Dry clean carpet quickly. Use commercial air movers to dry out carpet quickly.
- Vacuum carpet once dried. Water will evaporate from the tip of the carpet fiber causing it to form a small cap of minerals.