Happy 4th of July from SERVPRO of Bloomington / Richfield!
We have restored many fire damages this time of year and would like to share some fireworks safety tips to help keep you and your families safe over the holiday weekend.
- Fireworks packaged in brown paper are made for professional displays – avoid buying.
- Always have an adult supervise fireworks activities, especially with sparklers.
- Back up to a safe distance immediately after lighting fireworks.
- Never point or throw fireworks at another person.
- Keep a bucket of water or a garden hose handy in case of fire and to douse used fireworks before discarding in trash.
- Never allow young children to play or ignite fireworks.
- Never carry fireworks in a pocket or shoot them off in metal or glass containers.
- Never try to re-light or pickup fireworks that have not ignited fully.
- Never place a part of your body directly over a firework device when lighting.
- Make sure fireworks are legal in your area before buying or using them.
Source: CPSC online