Sentimental Items Damaged in a Fire or Flood?
Losing a sentimental item can be very emotional. After all, some of these items have been passed down for generations and generations. Although these items may never be returned to their original state, if the item is not completely disintegrated there are some things that you can do. Here are some tips to ensure that you are doing the most to restore your sentimental items:
- After a fire, water, or storm loss make sure to call your insurance company to file a claim as soon as possible.
- Before entering the building where your loss occurred, make sure that the structural integrity is okay to enter.
- Wear glasses, a facemask, and gloves when rummaging through damaged items.
- Take lots of photos of the damaged items for insurance claim purposes.
- Call us to schedule an appointment to go over your damaged items, we will always do our best to restore them as close to their original state as possible.
Although not every sentimental item is able to be restored, it may shock you how items can be saved using the proper techniques.